Secure sales of superyacht berths in the newly developed Marina Port Vell, Barcelona, by researching the market, developing a brand strategy that aligns with the business plan, and creating and communicating the new brand.
Marina Port Vell is situated in the heart of Barcelona, which means superyacht captains can retain their crews much more easily during long wintering periods. The city is the main attraction, so the brand should focus inland on the excitement of urban living rather than out to sea on boats and water (which is the norm in the industry).
1. At the start of the project we worked with Salamanca to develop a brand strategy which complemented their business strategy.
2. The identity we created is an aperture through which elements of the city can be glimpsed, from cathedrals to graffiti. The negative spaces that form the ‘M’ reflect hulls of boats lined up along pontoons.
3. The website serves as the main port of call for information on the marina, and its design brings the brand to life online.
4. For the brand’s launch at the Monaco Yacht Show, we designed premium merchandise to appeal to present and future superyacht owners.
5. To help representatives sell yacht berths, we created an interactive sales tool for iPads which features inspiring information and engaging imagery.
Moor in the city.
The brand launched to industry acclaim at the 2011 Monaco Yacht Show, and berth sale negotiations commenced immediately.