Man-sized comms from Bray Leino
Men think, talk and act differently. They want different things, bought and sold in different ways, for different reasons. They are accessed, engaged and motivated in different ways.
Marketing from Mars is an aggregation of new and established sociological, psychological and market research around male motivation and male consumer attitudes.
Marketing from Mars provides new insights on male motivation and original and innovative thinking opening up new routes to growth and creating strategic and tactical advantage:
· more effective male audience focused media relations
· more impactful male oriented social media analysis and activation
· more meaningful male focused media planning and buying
· more impactful experiential and 3D/events
Marketing from Mars delivers
· the opportunity for brands to reach beyond traditionally female-oriented markets
· the chance to maximise the impact of male-focused campaigns
· new strategies and tactics for selling female products to male consumers
Four stages of man
We’ve identified four key stages in the evolution of the male consumer – Dude, Homme, Dad and Silver Fox.
· Each is defined, not so much by age or generation, but by what motivates them and how, their reaction (or lack of it) to established marketing channels, and their interests and aspirations.
· Each stage has an ‘attitudinal motto’ – a simple expression of their take on life.
· Each has a ‘defining activity’ – an overarching focus of their interest and spend.
Every stage has a ‘motivational motto’ – a distillation of their take on choosing and buying.
And we’ve uncovered a ‘motivational model’ for each stage – an idiosyncratic series of steps they take on the journey from need to purchase.
Of course, these Ages of Man are generalisations, and sometimes deviations from the norm present specific opportunities in themselves, but the Four Ages of Man unlock the key to new strategies and creative solutions…
Marketing from Mars dashboards
Developed from the Marketing from Mars research, Bray Leino has developed a dashboard of guidelines for the application of 10 ‘Planetary Forces’ for each of the Four Stages of Man, offering guidance on:
· What never to do
· Effective channels – time, place and format
· The nature of advocacy
· Effective word of mouth
· Impactful experiential
We’d love to tell you more. Call us.