‘Innovation Inside’ Castrol Industrial
Part of BP, Castrol Industrial is a global enterprise that makes the lubricants that literally oil the wheels of industry. Its products are used across the world in a diverse range of sectors including car manufacturing, food production, and wind energy. Bray Leino’s ‘Inside’ campaign for Castrol Industrial demonstrates that B2B marketing in an industrial setting can be exciting and innovative and that robust engineering facts can be compelling and visually stimulating, and don’t have to be presented in a dry, dusty way. The Inside idea not only integrates media and comms but glues together all of Castrol Industrial’s vast number of sectors, products and services to unify the business and simplify it for customers.
• Industrial sector fiercely competitive - recession affecting industrial sectors Castrol supplies
• Rather than compete on price, Castrol Industrial seeks to promote quality of products and cost of ownership savings
• Needed to reach technical specialists and management decision makers to persuade them that Castrol Industrial products are best for their business
• Campaign must; work across all comms channels, create standout from competitors, convey innovation/high performance, support products, people & services, motivate staff and engender pride
• Bray Leino developed ‘Inside’ as overall big idea, with highly impactful x-ray imagery bringing the concept to life
• The Inside concept was executed to show the complex inner workings of an x-ray, using the medical connotations to suggest precision and professional skills
• ‘Inside’ also supported Castrol Industrial’s premium positioning as market innovators in products and analyses and at being at the forefront of technological advancement. Castrol Industrial has the ‘Inside track’ on The Innovation Inside, The Knowledge Inside, the Energy Inside, The Technology Inside and The Value Inside
• Designed to communicate Castrol Industrial at the heart of industrial businesses around the world & present hard, independently tested facts with visual impact
• Used across brochures, posters, launch events, industry conferences, sales initiatives – throughout entire business across all channels
• Wind Energy key business sector for Castrol Industrial, focus of initial campaign
The launch of the Wind Energy Inside campaign proved such a success that the idea has been used for other parts of Castrol Industrial, with equal success to give a coherent, integrated creative and strategic approach across the business.
In the words of Stuart Newland, Castrol Industrial Offer Development Manager, "Bray Leino’s approach is sensational. They integrate with our 'one team' approach perfectly. This is demonstrated when filming with our customers, at big launch events or just delivering concise sales tools or marketing materials. The new brand line of technology Inside and their x-ray imagery has truly differentiated us from our rivals.
“It looks visually stunning and allows us to present persuasive, robust information in an interesting, compelling way. It works across all of our communication and marketing material to give Castrol Industrial a real feeling of integration and cohesion. The creative work itself has energised the business and customers alike.”